Saturday, March 25, 2017

Road Conditions

It had been raining all day at work.
Which, considering it was spring....
Isn't surprising.
Spring is the season of rain after all.

So you can imagine my confusion when I got a call from a customer who asked me 'how are the roads there?'

Because....that's a phrase that is usually used during winter....when it's snowing....

But with my state....it's not surprising for us to get snow storms all the way into May.
So, maybe somewhere else in the state, possibly in the mountains, it was actually snowing instead of raining on the customer.
After all, I get people who travel three or four hours in order to get to my store.
So it was entirely possible.

I don't know for sure,
but the customer was happy to learn,
Once I looked outside (since I hardly ever look outside because my dept itself doesn't have windows) and confirmed that it was still raining here.
"Oh good, we'll be right up then." Said the customer.

I hung up.
And hoped that it would stay raining for the customer.
Because I don't like being made an unintentional liar. Even if I had spoke truth when I was on the phone, that it was just raining.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment