Thursday, March 23, 2017

Escaped, But How?

We had just gotten in our reptile shipment.
-Well, they had come in a little bit ago.
But I'd finally found a moment to finally put our newest reptiles away into their cages.

And as I was pulling out our new ball python -who was huge. About two times the size of the ones we usually get in.
I had a mother and her two kids come by.
Oooing and awwwing that I had a snake in my hands.
To which I showed it to them closer.
Before placing him in his cage.

-I'd had to play a little bit of ring around the rosie, because our ball pythons usually come in smaller, so they're fine being in our smaller cages.
But this new snake...was huge.
So I had to move one of our other snakes from it's medium sized cage into a smaller cage so I could put the larger snake in the larger cage.

Easy peasy.

Until I tried to move the cage back into it's position so I could lock it up again.
I pushed,
And it felt like I was encountering something squishy.
Which was weird....there shouldn't be anything rubbery/squishy behind that tank.
I mean I had just pulled it out two minutes ago.

Confused,
I pulled the cage out and to my surprise.
Discovered that somehow.
Our other ball python had escaped it's cage!!!
And was currently resting behind the new ball python's cage.
()_()

How?!
HOW!!
How did it get out?!

AHHHH!!!

I mean that snake is also larger, so it hardly makes sense that he'd somehow be able to squeeze through a small space to get out.

Granted...the cage he was in...the lid is easy to take off.
But considering the snake had been in that cage for a week already....without escaping...
Made the fact that it had escaped now all the more surprising.

*shakes head*
I couldn't have him doing that again.
So I had to play ring around the rosie with this snake as well in order to get him into a cage that I hope he won't escape from.

All while the customers were watching. lol.
At least this group didn't freak out when they saw the snake had gotten loose.....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment