Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Holding the Phone

So there I was, in my department by the fish.
When a father in his 30s-40s with a baby boy comes into the department.
Naturally I asked him if he needed help.


To which he responded. "No, but you could help my dad."
"Okay....where is he?" I asked since this 'dad' figure was no where to be seen. Maybe he was by the reptiles or the birds or something.
But no.
"He's searching for a dog crate."
Okay...not usually my department, but I could go wander over there.
"Alright...where is he now?"
"Probably in the back."
Helpful.
"What does he look like?" I asked the customer, that way I would be able to find him.
"He's going to be the one probably holding a phone looking confused."

Heh.
I just kinda had to laugh at that.
I asked what the guy looked like but the customer never gave me a more detailed description than that.
So it was rather lucky for him that they came into the store when we weren't busy with customers.
Because there are often people in the store holding their phones looking confused.

He ended up not being that hard to find.
Though helping him was another matter.
As he had thought he'd ordered a carrier online...but it turns out he'd never finalized the purchase. Silly him. But after a bit of back and forth on establishing that the carrier he was looking at online was in fact the same one he was looking at in the store.
He did eventually buy said carrier.

So yay.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment