Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Price Check

There always seems to be a trend with customers on a day to day or even weekly basis.
Where for whatever reason, everyone and their mom decides that they need this 'one thing.'

Some days it's parakeets, other days it's bearded dragons, or a certain fish. Or else they all ask similar questions like when adoptions will be, or what size of tank is good for a turtle, or if we carry rabbits.

I think this is the first time though.
That I've had to work a shift that had me price checking multiple times in a row.

You see, we had a bunch of fish ornaments scattered about
As One. we place decorations in our tank/stand combos for sale, and have to take them out when we sell said combo and sometimes they don't get put away.
And Two. we have a bunch of new ornaments coming out onto the shelves right now, and they don't always have a price tag to go with them.
or Three. Due to customers being unable to put things back exactly where they found it, customers want to double check a price before they buy it.

In any case.
With all these ornaments around. I had multiple customers come up to me asking what the price was for a particular decoration.
Only once or twice was I able to go to our shelf and point them to the right price.
The rest of the time I had to wander over to the registers, and use our price check function there to see how much their decoration was.
*shakes head*
I must have wandered over that way at least twenty times, that shift.

Which is a lot.
Considering I usually only price check like...once or twice a week? It's a rare occurrence.
But not this day. *shakes head* Everyone had to know the price of the decorations.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment