Monday, March 28, 2016

In Charge?

I'm getting so tired of the word 'we' around my store.
Especially when it's used by my manager BB.

Why?
Because for BB 'we' doesn't mean, you and I.
No I've decided that whenever BB says 'we should do something' that she actually means. 'I' should do something.
That I should take responsibility.
That I should be in charge.
That I should ensure whatever needs to get done, gets done.

And it's frankly getting annoying.

Because I feel like BB doesn't understand what all I already do to make sure that the department keeps running as well as it has been.
All the paperwork, all the ordering, all the cleaning tasks, all the managing of my coworkers.

And then BB goes ahead and tries to add to the workload. Wanting 'us' to do this and that. When in reality. It's just me.
*shakes head*

I can halfway understand it.
because while BB is the manager over me, she's never scheduled to work in the department.
And since I'm the lead under her. I'm there 99% more often than she is....
But honestly....if they want to treat me like a manager....they should pay me like a manager. Not expect me to do their jobs for them for less pay. >.<
Or at least be more willing to be a 'team' player in the term 'we' instead of a 'leader to underling' use of 'we'

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment