Thursday, March 24, 2016

Sure, Blame the Fish

Some days I wonder if a customer is exaggerating when they tell me that they're 'never going to come back' to my store.

I mean...I can understand that it is possible. To never go back. Because there are a few places that I only enter with great reluctance....because of bad experiences there.

But...still I wonder.

I had a customer come in today.
With a bag of five dead fish.
Telling me that he was going to get his money back and probably never come back to the store.

Why?
Because we sold him a fish.
That ended up getting sick with Ick.
Got the rest of his fish sick with ick.
Killing off some of the fish.

So he came into the store for a treatment.
And has been treating his tank.
But still more fish are dying.

All because of one fish he'd bought from us.

Like....I could believe that possible. That one fish can get an entire tank sick.
But....it really is hard to know for sure...I mean, perhaps he overstocked his tank. Or stressed it out with too many water changes or whatever.

Honestly...
I can understand his frustration.
I find it hard to believe he's spent $100-$200 on fish with us....that ended up dying, but you know...people exaggerate when they're upset.

I would be upset too.
To buy all these fish.
Have it perfect.
And then the fish dies off.
The treatments don't seem to be working.
And since everything was fine before the fish.
Safe to assume it would be the new addition to the tank....

*shakes head*
In any case.
I helped him as best I could.
I think I managed to calm him down.
Got his fish all returned.
Talked to him about other possible solutions.

Corrected him on a couple of things he'd read wrong.
-He's one of those to look up everything on the internet...which is helpful....to a point, but not everything you read on the internet is correct.

But hopefully. He left feeling a little bit better about his situation.
Maybe he will come back....and shop with us again due to my attempts to rectify the situation.
It's hard to know for sure.
*shrugs* At least he was a lot calmer and happier when he left though....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment