Tuesday, March 8, 2016

What's in the Box?

I had just gotten back from my lunch break.
And saw a random box on our podium.
Which usually means a returned animal.
But it was just sitting there.

My coworker was busy with a customer.
I'd just finished with a customer.
And I remembered my manager mentioning an animal had been returned.
But I didn't know what it was.

However, I'd just dealt with a guinea pig that had been returned.
So I was thinking that the creature within the box would be a mammal of some sorts.
More than likely a hamster.
I totally thought it was a hamster actually.
As I heard scratching from within.
That sounds like what a hamster scratching sounds like.

So I opened the box to see.
And a little Zebra Finch escaped from its confines.
Flying off and disappearing somewhere in the store.

:S Oops.

I felt even more bad that it had gotten loose when my coworker informed me that the bird had been returned because it had a broken leg.

O.o
How did it get a broken leg!!
It had been fine like two days ago when it was sold! (I wasn't there when it was sold, but it had been fine before we sold it!)

And now the poor injured thing was out loose in the store. :S

Thankfully, after I left, one of my coworkers eventually caught it.

But oops....
How was I supposed to know that there was a bird in there? *shakes head*
I mean....we put birds in the same boxes that we put hamsters and guinea pigs in.
(not all together! But we use the same boxes for all the animals.)
It's just that usually birds aren't returned to us in those boxes I guess.
*shakes head.*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment