Saturday, March 19, 2016

Stay. Good Customer

You know what bugs me?
Customers that don't listen to me.

Specifically, the customers that want me to go find something for them, or see if I have more of something in our back area for them, or if I need to go ask a manager a question to get the answer that I didn't know myself/wanted to double check on.

So, I tell them. "Just wait here and I'll go check it out, Be right back."

And guess what they don't do?
Yah.
Wait there.

The customer will end up doing one of two things.
The first one is that they'll wander off elsewhere in the store as I go in search of whatever they're looking for.
So when I returned to where I left them....
They've vanished.
Which results in me having to hunt them down....if they're even still in the store.
A more difficult task considering I see so many faces in a day, that I'm not always sure what the customers I'm looking for look like....
Seriously....how hard is it to stay put?
Pretty hard apparently, in a pet store....you just have to wander around and look at our products and the animals and generally disappear from the section they were in....

But the second thing.
Is that I'll say "Wait here, I'll go find/go get etc."
And they Follow. Me.

I'll turn around and they'll be waiting right there.
Which is irksome.
Because it's like they don't trust me to come back. That they have to actually see for themselves that I'm looking for their product or going to go find a manager.
Paranoid these customers.
Nosey these customers.

Honestly. Just stay where you are.
Be a good customer. And. Stay.

I don't need to have to turn around and tell you to get out of the employee only section, or to walk out of the section and have you waiting right there for me like a cat in front of a mouse hole. Or not get a chance to tell the manager the situation out of earshot of you if you're right behind me. Just. Stay unless I tell you to follow me. Okay?

I'm a big girl, I can leave and come back without you having to keep an eye on me. *shakes head*

So.
Annoying.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment