Thursday, April 23, 2015

MLAARE -Clipping Wings

So I had a family come into the store today.
Customers, that had two birds in their cage in hand.

I'd feared that they had come to return both of the birds.
But no.
They came to get the wings clipped of the birds.

I had to tell them. "Sorry, we only clip the birds wings once, upon purchase."
And they were like "Great, this is our one time!"
And I was like.
"No.... I can only clip the wings of the birds when we catch them, when you buy them here in the store. Once."
"Can't we pay you to clip the wings for us?"
"No...we don't do that service here."

Why?
Well, we only clip the birds wings upon catching them, because they're in a secure location, and we can do it quickly before placing them in their container to be taken home.

Having people bring birds in...there is a risk of them getting loose, getting injured....
So we avoid that possibility by only cutting the wings if the customer requests it, as they're getting ready to buy it.

These customers were like "Well...how are we to clip the wings then?!"

And somehow or another.
I basically said "I can show you how to do it."
And showed the daughter how to clip the wings of her birds. Quickly but briefly.

O.o
So odd!
Because I went into it expecting her bird's to be fluttery and wild.
But no.
O.o They would literally hop onto your finger?!?!
WHAT?! parakeets actually do that?!?! Crazy.
I'm so used to dealing with our non tamed ones, that it was a bit weird to have one calmly come out of the cage.

So, I showed the daughter, and they left happy customers.
Yay!
Hopefully their bird wing clipping goes well in the future.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment