Friday, April 17, 2015

MLAARE - Lost Phone

So a customer came up to me and gave me a phone.
Why?
Because it wasn't their phone.
They'd found it on one of our shelves.

O.o Apparently one of our customers earlier had managed to leave it.

I doubt people would lose their phone for long without realizing it, but just in case.
I glanced through the contact numbers and found one called "Mom."
Always a safe bet. I called, but there was no answer. So I sent "Mom" a text to say that her daughter had left her phone in Starsmet, and to have her come get it.
(Of course...who knows how to contact one when they do not have their phone with them.)

In any case, less than an hour later.
A woman came up to me, asking for her phone.
And I was like "Oh, Chelsea?!"
She gave me this look of incomprehension.
And I wondered if someone else had lost their phone. (This "Chelsea" had the foresight to write her name under the contact "Me." so I knew her name.)

It actually was her phone, this customer.
She'd just been surprised that I knew her name.
So I had to explain that I had sent a text to her Mom to inform her that she'd left the phone, and I saw her "Me" contact name. (the mom had not contacted her.)

So, Owner and Phone were reunited once again.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment