Tuesday, April 21, 2015

MLAARE -Lizard Trash

I probably should have realized something was up,
When I went into our sick room, and saw that our cage that had been back there and empty for a couple of days had a light on top of it.
But I was in a hurry.
I thought someone had assumed that the creature that was no longer in there was still in there, and turned the light on.
I didn't imagine that some other creature had taken up residence in there.
A long tailed lizard to be exact.
One that had been injured, needing to be kept in a quiet place until he healed.

Like I said.
I'd thought the cage still empty.
And since I was cleaning cages back there.
I took it.
Thinking nothing more about it.
And dumped everything in the cage in the trash so I could clean the container.

Like two hours later, as I was putting everything back.
I noticed that there was a piece of paper above the cage.
It hadn't registered before that point.
But said piece of paper stated that there was in deed an animal in that cage!
GAAAHH!
Cue panic.

Cue annoyance. >.< Ugh! If they'd put the paper in another spot, in the usual spots such papers were supposed to go, I should have seen it sooner.
But ....
I didn't see either way.

But that lead to panic.
AHHHHH!
I threw away a LIZARD!!
Was he still there?
Did I kill him?
Where would he be?!
Did he manage to escape before I tossed more dirty cage stuff in on top of him?!

Answer?
Well, after much digging through the trash.
I found him!
Alive.
And well enough considering that he's injured.
But Alive!!

Yay!
I didn't kill him!
I didn't throw him away!
Woot!

Note to self: Check cages even if I think they are empty. Just to be sure.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment