Friday, March 20, 2015

MLAARE -Eel Man

So the past few weeks I've had a customer come into the store wanting to buy a particular fish.
The Peacock Eel

Image result for peacock eel
And it just so happened, that we were out of them. As they can sell rather quickly when people get it into their heads that they want one. (It happens out of the blue really, suddenly everyone really wants just one particular animal.)
We were in just such a stage.
Plus, our shipments of fish....had been lacking in giving us this particular fish for a couple weeks.
(Sometimes it happens, usually it's a problem with the breeders or something....)

In any case. I told this customer to come back on Friday (when we get our fish in.) To see if got the Eel in.
Twice in a row he came in.
But not on Friday. It was like a Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week.
Only to find that...our eels had already been sold out.
Because most of the time we only get one or two in.

I honestly don't see why he expected them to still be there when I told him distinctly to come on FRIDAYS.

In any case, when he'd come in again to find we were out of eels, he finally got the bright idea to give us his phone number so we could call him on Friday when the fish came in and let him know if we had any of the Eels.
(I still don't see why he just didn't call the store on Friday himself, or drive in on Friday like I told him to.)

So, I did just that. As soon as we were done with fish, I pulled out the number and dialed it on the work phone.

After like one ring the guy picked up. "Did the Eels come in?"
It wasn't even a "Hello?"
It was that exact question. "Did the Eels come in?"

O.o Which totally threw me off.
How did he know the Starsmet phone number?!
Did he have it saved into his phone or something?
Because honestly, if I got a call from a random number....I wouldn't assume that it was a certain store calling about eels. Sure I was calling early in the morning...maybe I'm the only one who would have done so on a Friday....but still....why answer that way?

O.o Totally weird.
I told him that, yes, they did come in. And so he drove over a little bit later and got his Eel finally.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment