Tuesday, March 31, 2015

MLAARE -Mealworms and Sawdust

I had been prepping.
Preparing in advance for the couple of days where we couldn't take anything off the shelves in the store for use for the animals.
Keeping this in mind,
I'd grabbed two containers of mealworms.
So I wouldn't have to worry about us running out at the wrong time.
I figured we'd have plenty, As I had hardly used the first container of mealworms. And we wouldn't be using the mealworms again for a couple more days.

So that couple of days passed.
And I had my special coworker as my 2nd opener.
I had them feed the reptiles.
Which if course, meant mealworms that day.

I was busy doing other tasks,
But did see the coworker bring out both containers of mealworms. I don't know why, but they chose to do so.
I didn't think too much of it, after all the first container had been used before, there might not be enough mealworms in the first to feed all the reptiles.

A little while later, I was in the back, prepping some food for the small pets, when my coworker came in and tossed BOTH containers of mealworms into the TRASH.

Hold ON.
()_()
Wait a second.
There is NO WAY that my coworker used THAT Many mealworms.
How did I know this?
Because each container holds about 100 mealworms.
There were probably around 50 meals worms in the second.
So 150 meal worms.
We have a lot of reptiles.
But not THAT many reptiles.
Even if we give 3-5 mealworms each.
Both containers should not have been fully used.
It usually takes us two or three days to use up 100 mealworms.
And it had only been like...one for the first container.

So I asked my coworker.
"Did you use all of them?"
"Yep."
"That's not possible."
"There wasn't that many in there."
"No. There should be plenty. I wrote them off only a couple of days ago!"
"Well you can look, but I searched, there's none there."
They handed me one container of meal worms to look through,
>.< While they spilt the second one by accident.

But as they cleaned up the spill.
I sifted through the sawdust holding the mealworms.
Guess what I found?
Yah.
Mealworms.
One, another one, another one.
Obviously my coworker didn't use them all up.
And the container that had been spilt?
Yah, there were like thirty or so mealworms still in there.

>.< So obviously they didn't search too thoroughly.

And seeing how they were searching, I could see why they missed so many.
They were using tweezers to sift through the sawdust.
Tweezers! You can't find them like that!
Myself, I just use my fingers to dig through it.

*sighs*
Honestly I wonder if they were looking that hard.....
Or if they just stopped after a while and assumed it was empty...

Thankfully I saved the meal worms I did.
Because we really needed them when we couldn't take get any more.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment